In their pursuit of benefiting from the cloud, organizations spend a lot of time and investment in migrating data from legacy systems to modern data warehouses. Here are some of the pressing questions IT leaders need to address during their cloud migration process:
- How much will cloud migration cost – and how much time will it take?
- What is the best way to migrate data to the target warehouse?
- How do we address security concerns during migration?
When it comes to migrating data to the target warehouse, organizations need to consider the following types of data:
- Migrating the ETL jobs and application workloads
- Migrating the stored queries, procedures, and ETL jobs
Effectively, cloud migration seems like a daunting task for most organizations at the start of the migration process. Some common challenges include the presence of siloed data, multiple data lakes (across teams), and even different data structures (or types) between the legacy system and the cloud platform.
How can Pelican help with data validation?
As an integral part of the Datametica Bird suite, Pelican is the data validation tool that enables organizations during their cloud migration process.
What is data validation? Simply defined, this is the process of checking the quality, integrity, and accuracy of the migrated data in the target cloud system.
As a complete data validation tool, Pelican recognizes that all data variables will not be the same in the source and target systems. For instance, a date-time variable may follow different formats such as:
- dd-mm-yy hh:mm (in the legacy source system)
- dd-mm-yyyy hh:mm:ss (in the cloud warehouse)
Pelican can automatically reconcile the differences at the cell level – thus reducing migration time, costs, and effort. Among other benefits, Pelican enables zero-coding functionality – meaning it automatically generates the validation test cases (or database queries) to check for any data errors or mismatches.
Don’t miss our upoming Pelican webinar
Scheduled for January 24, this webinar aims to answer some common queries about data validation, and how the Pelican tool can simplify the complexities of cloud migration.
Here are some reasons why you should register for this webinar:
- Learn about data validation and modernization from industry leaders.
- Learn more about the in-built capabilities and benefits of using the Pelican tool.
- Explore case studies of companies that have successfully implemented data validation using Pelican.
- Discover how Pelican’s AI technology can accelerate and improve data validation.
- Get live answers to common queries that you may have from technology experts.
Learn to validate your data quickly and with more confidence – register for this free webinar now!