The anomaly alerts raised awareness of potential budget overages and internal issues that were resolved sooner than they otherwise would have been.
Dashboard Customization Delivers the Reports You Need
With this new OnSpend update, we’ve also made some changes to the OnSpend dashboard. We’ve simplified the layout to make the dashboard more intuitive and informative.
As part of these changes, we’ve also given you the ability to control the specific charts and visualizations that you need to understand how your costs are allocated. While we’ve always provided you with default, out-of-the-box visualizations, you couldn’t customize them in any way or any form.
That’s changed. Now you create custom charts of your key performance indicator metrics for a countless number of possible configurations. There’s no limit, so you can fill your dashboard with as many visualizations you need.
The new custom charts allow you to choose from four standard KPI metrics: Cumulative Spend, Daily Spend, Monthly Spend, and Top Spend and configure your visualization using one of five different chart types: Line, Area, Bar, Pie, and Table.
We’ll be offering more fully customizable charts options in the future, but this is a great start to help you make the most of your OnSpend experience and maximize your cloud billing management and budget strategy.
But Wait: There’s More to this OnSpend Update!
While the anomaly detection and customized charts in the revamped dashboard are the most notable changes to OnSpend, our development team spent time improving other features and also ironing out some pesky bugs.
Other improvements to the platform include:
- Adding the Resource Label grouping option to invoice reporting.
- Adding invoice date type for billing reports and exports.
- Improving the date range picker in reporting by offering predefined date range options.
- Resolving an issue with Cloud Storage exports and reports that caused potential overwriting of previous reports.
- Fixing a bug that caused weekly reports to show more than a week’s worth of data.
- Remedying problem with batch deleting of alerts when those alerts were inactive or disabled.
- Displaying alert names with special characters correctly.
- Ensuring credits on GCP billing accounts display correctly.
- Disabling milestone fields for users with view permission.
This new OnSpend release is one of the most challenging, important and meaningful ones we’ve offered to date. It gives you a wider range of customized options for better cloud billing management and more detailed ways for you to keep track of usage and spend in GMP and GCP.
This new OnSpend release gives you a wider range of customized options for better cloud billing management and more detailed ways for you to keep track of usage and spend in GMP and GCP.
Want to learn more about OnSpend and cloud billing budget and management? Check out these helpful blogs for more insight: