Sales Engineer - Cloud Platform
Onix is currently seeking an energetic, technology savvy and self motivated individual to fill the role of Cloud Platform Sales Engineer. The Onix Cloud Platform team helps customers transform and evolve their business through the use of Google’s extensive cloud services. As part of an entrepreneurial team in this rapidly growing business, you will help shape the future of how technology is used in the workplace.
- Work with prospects to gain the “technical win” and help sell the Google Cloud Platform (GCP) solutions alongside the Onix and Google sales teams.
- Work with the Sales team to identify and qualify GCP opportunities through a formal sales process. Conduct full technical discovery, identifying pain points, business and technical requirements, “as is” and “to be” scenarios.
- Architect client solutions to meet gathered requirements.
- Work as a liaison between Onix’s consulting team and business functions to lead the technical integrations.
- Periodically drive project delivery, technology reviews, challenge proposals and build consensus.
- Work closely with Google Sales teams to keep up to date on product updates, create partnerships and help escalate customer issues.
- Prepare and deliver product messaging in an effort to highlight the GCP value proposition and unique differentiators, using whiteboarding, slide presentations, product demonstrations, white papers, trial management and RFI (Request for Information) or RFP (Request for Proposal) response documents.
- Continually learn Google Cloud features and how they can be integrated into successful enterprise solutions.
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 3-5 years of experience serving in the capacity of a technical sales engineer in a cloud computing environment or equivalent experience in a customer facing role.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Experience with Big Data, PaaS, and IaaS technologies.
- Experience in dealing with virtualized servers and networking, ideally with skills in managing those in a cloud environment like AWS, Azure or Google Compute Engine
- Experience in and understanding of data and information management - especially as it relates to IaaS and PaaS.
- Experience architecting and developing software for scalable, distributed systems.
- Working knowledge of Linux, Web 2.0 development platforms, solutions, and related technologies (HTTP, Basic/NTLM, sessions, XML/XSLT/XHTML/HTML), understanding of DNS, TCP, Firewalls, Proxy Servers, DMZ, Load Balancing, VPN, VPC).
- Ability to quickly learn, understand, and work with new emerging technologies, methodologies, and solutions in the Cloud/IT Technology space.