Enterprise Search Engineer
In this role, the Enterprise Search Engineer is responsible for the architecture, the development and the implementation of custom search solutions (Gartner calls these Insight Engines, Forrester calls these Cognitive Search and Knowledge Discovery solutions) from the project planning stage (deployment planning) through initiation, implementation, testing and launch (go-live). The Enterprise Search Engineer is ultimately responsible for architecting and implementing the search solution as well as helping the project manager to meets key milestones and deadlines in delivering the project within the project budget. The Enterprise Search Engineer will need to be able to travel between 25-30% of the time domestically and internationally. The Enterprise Search Engineer will primarily work remotely within the continental U.S. or Canada. There will be no Visa sponsorship for this role.
The Enterprise Search Engineer role is one of the most important roles in our Search Delivery Practice and is instrumental ensuring our clients are successful and Onix is growing, scalable and profitable.
Our search projects range from basic search engine implementation to custom search and integration projects to consulting search engagements. The Search Enterprise Search Engineer is expected to be able to manage a mix of these types of projects.
Reports to – Director of Professional Services
Collaborate with project managers, fellow search engineers, account managers, SMEs, production support and client teams to provide assistance on the technical aspects of the project throughout the entire project lifecycle. That includes the planning, initiation, execution, documentation of deliverables, testing, and deployment into production.
- Deploy and support enterprise search solutions based on rapidly evolving business requirements
- Establish strategic customer relationships and become the technical go-to resource for answers as well as a trusted enterprise search advisor
- Review and analyze customer architecture at the ground level and translate into enterprise search architecture designs and implementations
- Assist in strategic direction and planning for growth to support our increasing business needs
Required Skills and Experience
- Demonstrated track record of enterprise software deployment experience
- Experience with Java programming and IT applications administration
- Solid knowledge of Java, ideally with a good academic background in computer science or a related discipline
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience with network technologies and with system, security, and network monitoring tools
- Thorough understanding of the latest security principles, techniques, and protocols
- Good working knowledge of the technical aspects of application protocols such as HTTPS, SMTP, SSL, and DNS
- Familiarity with web-related technologies (web applications, web services, service-oriented architectures) and of network/web related protocols
- Creative problem-solving skills and a drive to solve difficult issues
- Ability to participate in multiple projects concurrentl
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written and presentation)
- Customer-oriented and shows a bias for action.
- Extensive experience in dealing with customers
- Provide on-time, well-executed work that leads to excellent customer satisfaction
- Ability to expertly convey ideas and concepts to others
- Self-driven, quick learner with attention to detail
- Professional knowledge of Linux and Microsoft Windows Server
- 5+ years or more of enterprise-level consulting or implementation experience
- Risk management and mitigation skills
- 5-10 years of experience working on enterprise software projects
- At least 5 years of experience as an Enterprise Search Engineer
- University degree - Computer Science, I.T., Information Security, or related discipline
- Ability to travel - 25% - 30% Domestic and International
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Experience implementing enterprise search solutions
- Networking fundamentals, including VPN configuration
- Experience with Agile delivery methodologies