Deployment Engineer - Cloud Platform
Onix is currently seeking a Energetic, Technology Savvy and Self Motivated individual to fill the role of Cloud Platform Deployment Engineer.
The Onix Cloud Platform team helps customers transform and evolve their business through the use of Google’s extensive cloud services. As part of an entrepreneurial team in this rapidly growing business, you will help shape the future of how technology is used in the workplace.
- Design, deploy, and maintain Windows Server environments primarily hosted in Google Cloud Platform.
- Assist in moving existing on premise and private cloud workloads to Google Cloud Platform
- Assist in strategic direction and planning for growth to support our increasing business needs
- Architect, deploy, and support unique technology solutions based on ever-changing business requirements.
- Design cloud infrastructure environments with best practice configurations for a wide variety of systems including databases, web services and messaging systems, and other application support environments. Efficiently translate project requirements from architecture/environment diagrams to formulate appropriate questions to identify and remediate design gaps.
- Review and analyze architecture level security solutions at the domain or product level to transform them into cloud infrastructure designs and implementations.
- Establish strategic relations with key technology vendors in order to influence changes in future product release.
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Security or a related discipline.
- 5+ years or more of enterprise-level Infrastructure consulting or implementation experience.
- Experience with server virtualization: Image creation, deployment and maintenance.
- Experience architecting, building and maintaining networks.
- Experience with Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Powershell or other automation environments and scripting technologies.
- Systems Center experience and any DevOps experience.
- Experience moving workloads from on premise to IaaS.
- Networking fundamentals, including VPN configuration a requirement.
- Experience with network technologies and with system, security, and network monitoring tools
- Good working knowledge of the technical aspects of:Application protocols, such as HTTP(S), SMTP, SSL, and DNS
- Thorough understanding of the latest security principles, techniques, and protocols
- Familiarity with web related technologies (Web applications, Web Services, Service Oriented Architectures) and of network/web related protocols
- Problem solving skills and ability to work under pressure
- Ability to participate in multiple projects concurrently
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written and presentation), customer service-oriented
- Strong problem solving skill set, and the ability to understand new technologies quickly are essential
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Experience with Big Data, PaaS, and IaaS technologies.
- Experience in and understanding of data and information management - especially as it relates to IaaS and PaaS.
- Experience architecting and developing software for scalable, distributed systems.