Onix is currently looking for a talented and creative content marketer to oversee all marketing content initiatives, both internal and external, across multiple platforms and formats to drive sales, engagement, retention, leads and positive customer behavior.
This individual is an expert in all things related to content and channel optimization, brand consistency, segmentation and localization, analytics and meaningful measurement. The position collaborates with multiple individuals and teams within Onix to help define both the brand story and the story as interpreted by the customer.
Ultimately, the job of the content marketer is to think like a publisher/journalist, leading the development of content initiatives in all forms to drive new and current business. Responsibilities include:
- Accountable for all content marketing initiatives to drive traffic, engagement, and leads that deliver sales and customer retention.
- Collaborates across functions and silos to deliver an effective content marketing strategy and editorial plan to meet business objectives within budget.
- This role requires a brand publisher mindset: to create the content our audience is looking for and then to optimize the path to conversion.
- Editorial requirements include basic SEO understanding, content categorization and structure, content development, distribution and measurement. Development of editorial governance so content is consistent with our brand voice, style and tone.
- Development of a content marketing strategy, including an editorial calendar and organization workflows that must be developed and managed.
- Channel management of digital content hubs and all supporting social channels including email / newsletter distribution. This person must understand the basic best practices of the main social media channels, which content and approaches work on each and why.
- Measurement and optimization of programs will be required on a regular and ongoing basis.
- Management of all creative resources including designers, writers, and other freelance personnel.
- Integration of content programs with brand campaigns to drive brand to demand.
- Executive presentations on the program approaches and results will be required.
Required Skills and Experience
- BA/BS in marketing, journalism, public relations or related communications field.
- 5-10 years of relevant experience in multi channel content creation; BtoB content creation a plus.
- Experience creating content for the web and growing a social audience.
- Editorial mindset that seeks to understand what audiences consume and how to create it.
- Skill at both long-form content creation and real-time (immediate) content creation and distribution strategies and tactics.
- Ability to analyze and present content and social performance.
- Experience with Wordpress, Google Analytics, HubSpot and the top social channels.
- Continuous learning of the latest platforms, technology tools and marketing solutions.
- A willingness to embrace change and to adapt strategies on the fly.
- Project management skills and understanding how to manage the priorities of multiple stakeholders in a complex environment and focus on the delivery of results in the form of engagement, leads and sales.