Cloud Infrastructure Solution Engineer
Onix helps customers transform and evolve their business through the use of cloud services. As part of an entrepreneurial team in this rapidly growing business, you will help shape the future of how technology is used in the workplace.
- Lead strategic cloud discovery session to help customers understand the value of public cloud and how to position it within their organization
- Proactively help customers address all technical issues that may arise throughout the entire pre sales cycle
- Ability to facilitate demonstrations, proof of concepts and public facing presentations
- Create customer and partner connections to help grow Onix name recognition in this space
- Quickly architect sound cloud solutions to radically different customer environments
- Establish strategic customer relationships and become the technical go-to resource for answers as well as a trusted cloud adviser
- In depth understanding and the ability to demonstrate expertise in designing, deploying, and maintaining Cloud and Hybrid Cloud environments
- In depth understanding and the ability to demonstrate expertise in using infrastructure as code techniques to manage containerized, highly scalable environments
- In depth understanding and the ability to demonstrate expertise in migrating existing on-premise workloads into public cloud environments
- Review and analyze customer architecture at the domain and product level and translate and evolve them into cloud infrastructure designs and implementations
- Staying in constant communication with customers to ensure Onix is addressing all of their needs during the pre-sales cycle
- Learning and maintaining an in-depth understanding of current and new technologies and industry standards.
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- 3+ Years of solution or pre sales engineer experience
- Enterprise-level infrastructure consulting or implementation experience
- Extensive experience with enterprise server infrastructure: virtualization, image creation, deployment and maintenance
- Experience architecting, building and maintaining networks
- Experience with Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Powershell DSC or other Configuration Management tools
- Experience with Terraform, CloudFormation, Deployment Manager, or other automated provisioning tools
- Experience with containers, Docker, Kubernetes, or other orchestration tools
- Good working knowledge of Linux and Windows server environments
- Good working knowledge of moving workloads from on premise to IaaS
- Networking fundamentals, including VPN configuration
- Experience with network technologies and with system, security, and network monitoring tools
- Thorough understanding of the latest security principles, techniques, and protocols
- Good working knowledge of the technical aspects of application protocols such as HTTPS, SMTP, SSL, and DNS
- Familiarity with web-related technologies (web applications, web services, service oriented architectures) and of network / web related protocols
- Creative problem solving skills and a drive to solve difficult issues
- Ability to stay positive and motivated while under pressure
- Ability to participate in multiple projects concurrently
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written and presentation)
- Customer-oriented and shows a bias for action
- Provide on-time, well-executed work that leads to excellent customer satisfaction
- Able to expertly convey ideas and concepts to others
- Highly adaptable with the ability to learn new technologies quickly without direct oversight.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Google Cloud Platform Cloud Solutions Architect Certification
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate
- AWS Certified SysOps Administrator – Associate
- Experience with Big Data, PaaS, and IaaS technologies
- Experience in and understanding of data and information management - especially as it relates to IaaS and PaaS
- Experience architecting and developing software for scalable, distributed systems.
Understanding of the public cloud market and pain points driving enterprise cloud adoption.
If you meet the requirements above and desire an exciting career with a growing, dynamic organization, this position is for you.