EMC’s broad archiving portfolio enables you to create an accessible online archive to lower operational
costs and facilitate retrieval of valuable information. Minimize tape backups and archives, reduce the cost of
primary storage, ensure compliance with regulatory and litigation requirements, remove traditional archive
silos, and increase content reuse capabilities and storage efficiency throughout your organization.
- Online access — Improve information access by keeping data online and readily accessible and reusable.
- Unchanged data archiving — Speed backup and recovery processes by archiving unchanged data.
- Process automation — Save time and money and enable rapid information retrieval with automated archiving processes.
- Regulatory compliance — Preserve important documents, e-mails, and other critical data according to internal rules and external regulations.
- Storage efficiency — Reclaim terabytes of storage capacity by migrating older or infrequently accessed data from primary systems to more cost-effective archival storage.
- Backup and Archiving - Leverage deduplication to reduce tape-based archives with DD Archiver—the first system built for long-term retention of backup and archive data.
- Enterprise Application Archiving - Archive and manage SAP, enterprise reports, document images, and SharePoint content to meet compliance and e-discovery mandates, operational efficiency needs, and improved access.
- File System Archiving - Automatically archive inactive file data from direct-attached storage, SAN-attached storage, and network-attached storage (NAS) in UNIX, Linux, and Windows server environments.
- Integrated Content Archiving - Leverage a unified archiving software platform and common policies to strengthen compliance practices, create operational cost efficiencies, and enable improved information re-use.