Google Postini Services transition to Google Apps
Google has been building Postini email security features into Google Apps for Business. Google Apps is a professional suite of hosted email, calendar, and collaboration services. As result, Google is planning to transition Postini services to Google Apps.
With this transition to Google Apps, you can receive similar email security and protection, but through the more robust Google Apps services. Google Apps email security features also works with mail servers such as Microsoft Exchange and Lotus Notes, so you don’t need to switch to Gmail.
For existing Postini customers there is nothing you need to do or change now.
- Postini message security and archiving functionality is moving to Google Apps for Business and Google Apps Vault
- You’ll be able to use Google Apps email security features in a similar way to Google Message Security, and at the same price you are paying today.
When will this occur?
- Google anticipates transitioning Google Message Security and Message Discovery customers to Google Apps services over the next 12-18 months
- Your specific transition timeline will depend on your configuration and which Postini services you are using.
- Google will provide resources to help you with the transition
What do I need to do?
- Nothing at this time. Your Postini services will continue to run as usual.
- We will be in touch before the transition process.
- After the transition, you can try the full suite of Google Apps when you’re ready, with no interruption to your email flow. Details about how to trial these services and pricing promotions will be forthcoming.
In the coming months, we’ll share updates and information about the transition. In the meantime, existing Postini email security and archiving services will continue as usual.